Monday 22 February 2010

YouTube

My experience of YouTube to date has mostly consisted of the Monty Python channel, and library-related videos that I've found via other people's blogs.


I started to explore the site further and found a concise animation showing ionic and covalent bonding - a hard concept to explain, so great to see it demonstrated.  Reactions of alkali metals in water is also fun to watch!


Perhaps I began to stray too far into chemistry, so I began to look for library-related videos instead, e.g.
Michael Stephens on Using Twitter in Libraries
and lots of content about information literacy.  


In my current role, I don't use YouTube for work purposes, but I can see how libraries could identify useful videos (e.g. doing citations, how to use self-issue, navigating the library catalogue) and flag them up on their Delicious page for their users.

3 comments:

  1. As a Monty Python fan, have you seen this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kewfy5pMeWA

    I am shamelessly pimping it as my Dad was in the choir - there's a lovely shot of him laughing at the sheep in the trailer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done your Dad! Are you going? (Do you have a spare ticket?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope so! It said on the site that it should be showing at the Odeon George St, but it doesn't seem to be available for booking yet.

    ReplyDelete